Origins of Monstrosity

Origins of Monstrosity


By NateyG
Amazon Verified Purchase
I was so disappointed to learn that season 2 would not be continuing the Harmon family saga. As such, I came into this episode looking to find fault because surely you can't top what season 1 brought can you?

The fact is that this first episode has curbed some of my reservations, perhaps by bringing back a handful of the beloved first season cast, or maybe because it was a really well written and intriguing story in its own right.

The highlight for me this episode was most certainly Jessica Lange's performance. She seemed to help bridge the gap from old to new by providing a familiar air and a concrete performance, just as worthy of the praise which she received for last season's work.


By Ann Mccarthy
Amazon Verified Purchase
I had not expected Sister Jude to become a sympathetic character, but it is happening. Much richer character arcs than I was expecting.


By HITLR WAS FRAMED
*SPOILER FREE REVIEW*

I loved the first season a lot, every episode was on my must-watch list (the atmosphere it created, the pacing, the details, the way it weaved this intricate web of characters), it was honestly one of the most innovative and original shows on television.

So I went into this episode with reservations, worried that the creative spark and magic that the first season had was just a fluke...

But oh my god. It was amazing. They introduced a new cast of characters, and an extremely chilling new location, and I seriously thought this was just as good as the season 1 premiere. It was horrifying, titillating, mesmerizing, suprisingly sexy, and such an engrossing story.

If you're liked the first season, you'll love this. And if you haven't watched the first season of American Horror Story, go watch it, you won't regret it!